I’m running in a contest! wait, not running. heck no.
I’m participating in a contest!
I knew I had to make something sweet and salty, so a cookie sounded like the perfect vehicle. while at the grocery store, I had my heart set on a shortbread cookie, like a praline type thing. then I wanted chocolate chip. then I couldn’t remember what ingredients I had in my pantry. then I was exhausted.
feeling defeated, I opted for the easy route (as per my usual). AHEM, store bought cookie mix. Betty Crocker saves the day!
so yah. I made these awesome sugar cookies with toasted pecans and crushed original potato popchips.
just gently crush them. crush them with your bare hands. we want their crunchy texture to really shine in this cookie.
but don’t stop there. no sir. I dipped them in melted dark chocolate, and you should too.
like what you see? then please vote for this cookie! voting begins this Wednesday, 3/19 on Blog and Tweet Boston’s WEBSITE.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN AND POPCHIPS COOKIES
1 package (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 cup (three 0.4 oz bags) original potato popchips, gently crushed
1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 dark chocolate bar (about 3.5 ounces), melted
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- TOAST pecans on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes. allow to cool, then roughly chop.
- WHIP butter in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until fluffy, about 8 minutes.
- STIR in cookie mix and egg until combined with a spoon, then stir in pecans.
- FOLD in crushed popchips (gently, don’t pulverize them!)
- DROP rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes, until the edges are golden. transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- MELT chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. dip each cookie to coat half, and place on parchment paper to cool.