simply put, this is my go-to soup. easy. minimal ingredients. GARLIC.
my girl Jennifer over at alrightfine.com made this zucchini garlic soup for me a year or so ago. I’ve made it 1-20 times since, leaning far, FAR towards the latter end.
vegetarian. vegan even. creamy without dairy. warm. filling. also crusty bread. dunk it.
EASY ZUCCHINI GARLIC SOUP
1.5 pounds zucchini, peeled and sliced
1 white onion, sliced
8 cloves of garlic, sliced
4 cups broth, vegetable or chicken
2 tbsp olive oil or unsalted butter
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
salt and pepper to taste
- HEAT butter or oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. reduce to medium-low, add garlic and onions and cook until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- ADD zucchini and cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- ADD broth and bring to a simmer.
- SIMMER for 45 minutes, partially uncovered.
- REMOVE from heat. add spices and blend until smooth.