SANTA! santa got me a cast iron skillet!
what’s the first thing you cook in your new cast iron skillet? hmmm…. let’s see…
prrrrretty sure by law, you have to break in your cast iron skillet with bacon.
then, naturally, you make some kind of dessert. how about this dark chocolate walnut blondie?
also i highly suggest inviting someone over to chop the chocolate for you, like little miss runshine. she even brought over three diamond rings! i’ll let her explain that one…
DARK CHOCOLATE WALNUT SKILLET BLONDIE
adapted from theKitchn
10 inch cast iron skillet
3/4 cup dark chocolate (70% or higher), chopped
1/2 cup walnuts (or peeled hazelnuts), chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1-1/4 cups flour
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp espresso or coffee powder
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- WHISK flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. set aside.
- MELT butter in skillet over medium heat, then add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- POUR (carefully!) the butter mixture into the flour mixture, then add the egg, vanilla, and espresso powder. mix with a spoon.
- FOLD in the chocolate, nuts, and coconut.
- SPREAD the dough into the skillet, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- COOL before slicing!
nom nom nom! was so delicious! 🙂
thanks to your chopping skills!